Monday, October 17, 2011

Taking Applications

      
      With so much going on with all this "Occupy" stuff, I made a statement "Occupy Earth".  That is exactly what it is starting to look like.  I complained that it was not being covered by the media, then after 3 weeks it started to spread.  I too, have been unemployed for an extended time.  I have never in my life collected unemployment.  Being a Painter, has really become one of those hindsight deals.  In hindsight, Paint companies didn't withhold taxes.  Paint companies had no insurance.  When you finished painting something, you moved on to the next job, or company.  After 30 years my resume is like 3 pages long.  
      Toward the end of the time where I was working, It started with jobs where I had more experience that my bosses.  Home owners would bring their questions about the job to me, instead of the owner of the company.   Not good, I would have to let me go too.  Then there was the jobs where I was exploited.  After years of painting, I have become very efficient with spray painting, or brush and roll.  I end up painting jobs all by myself, which is hard on a person day in and day out.  Might as well go back into business myself.
      Filling out applications, God I hate it.  It is like trying to remember all the places I have lived.  One thing I hate is the social security number.  It was meant for the collection of money from you, and your employer for retirement.  We all know that our government stole from it, till it was all gone.  Now, they try to make us think that social security  is like welfare.  How in the world has it become that our social security number is used for credit checks, and your credit score prevents you from getting a job.  
      Now my daddy taught me to be a man of my word.  If I must have credit, pay it on time, and pay it off as soon as possible.  To live within my means, if I wanted something, save for it.  All of that seems to be thrown out the window today.  Since social security is gone, our government has borrowed trillions, not billions, but trillions, with a "T", from China, a communist country.  
      I feel like Rip-van-winkle, who has some how just woke up.  I have never worn a suit, except to church.  Now I'm suppose ware one to fill out an application, or interview for a job, they have no intention giving me.  The application process is plain out job 
discrimination, plain and simple.  How else is it that 350 people apply for a job, no one gets hired, and 600 apply the following month.  That many people did not fail the drug test.  
      Now, they have sent troops to Africa.  This "Occupy Wall Street"  was not put on TV, or in the news for 3 weeks.  Then when it was it was portrayed as just kids with no jobs, wanting to freeload on taxpayers.  Wanting free college, and paid to be unemployed.  How naive and stupid can you be.  You tell me I need to go back to school.  They got out of college with loans to pay, and their jobs have been sent over seas.  It is not an education factor, when the jobs were sent to Mexico, or China.  It was cheap labor, child labor, and no environmental restrictions.  Corporate greed, plain and simple.
       These are not Democrats, or Republicans.  This movement is for  radical reform of the entire election process.  The whole song and dance of who can raise the most money wins.  The 99%, plan to end the collusion between corporations, and politicians.  What is going to happen when these police officers go home, and realize they are part of the 99% them selves.  A lot of talk about the white shirt police officers.  Corporation rent a cop, off our tax dollars.  These police officers have wives, and children, who see them as human, and love them.  This all is quickly becoming "Occupy Earth".  
       It was only a few months ago that our government threaten to not pay our military their checks.  Our fighting men and woman, have not forgotten that.  Bill Clinton said at his birthday, "It is not just going to be what we do about America, but what we do about America, and the World.  I find it inspiring that there is no leader or hierarchy, no specific agenda, no ties to a political party.  This is truly grass roots.  The way this country was formed.  We all need to get our voice into Democracy.  Democracy is not for sitting on the side lines.  We have a obligation to our children, and our selves, to get involved.  I would be afraid of any one who said he had all the answers, but We the People can.  This is the time for America to really set the example for the world.                

No comments:

Post a Comment