Monday, July 18, 2011

That went well

I'm so glad that it was not hard to do this
the hardest part was getting my profile photo on here.
I have been wanting to do this for some time, and now that I have, I'm at a loss for words.


Even though I will post about art a lot of the time, right now the tomato's are ripe.  5 bushels so far, canning, and eating tomato sandwiches is the food of the day.  Smelling garlic and rosted tomato's  in the oven for freezing.  Store bought just are not the same.  We don't grow a lot, but greenbeans, tomato's, squash, and okra, are a must have in this house. 
Now, cucumbers for bread and butter pickels, cayenne, tabasco, and jalapeno peppers, are some of the extras.  There is just some thing about growing your own food, that in a small way.  Makes you feel like you beat the system.  Even if you really didn't.
    





 




No comments:

Post a Comment