Saturday, September 24, 2011

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie


Impossible Cheeseburger Pie

     Tired of hamburger helper.  Here is a simple recipe for young adults stretching a dollar, or kids.  Not knowing what to fix today, and making jokes about it.  Out comes the book of ideas.  Now what makes this pie impossible I have no idea.  I'm sure just like the recipes found on the cans of Campbell's soups, or the back of a Bisquick box.  They end up in the local Church Ladies Cookbook.  I don't know how many cook books you may have, but I love reading them.  Now having said that, my aunt is always credited for the green bean casserole at Christmas.  Every time since then it is always Aunt Susan's recipe, even though we know it came from the Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup can. 
     I always refer to myself as the Kitchen Cabinet Cook, because I put every thing in the cabinet, into what  I'm cooking.  As you can tell from some of my blogs, I like hot peppers, garlic, and onions, I love onions.  I must say I change, or doctor up every recipe I cook.  Once you start cooking regular, you have to put your touch to it.  To me a recipe is nothing more than an idea to get me started. 
 

      This is very simple recipe.  Myself, I could eat this whole pie, so you might double every thing when you make it.  I only had a pound of hamburger, 2/3 a cup of Bisquick left in the box.  The recipe only called for a 1/2 a cup, but what are you going to do.  It all went into a bowl with a cup of milk, and 2 eggs.  Just set that to the side it goes in last of all.  Get out a frying pan.  I first sprinkle salt around the pan before putting in the hamburger.  To me it bring the fat out of the hamburger for cooking with no oil.  Recipe calls for a cup of onion, I just chop up a whole large onion.  I prefer to add the onion after the hamburger is about 1/2 cooked, because we will put this in the oven.  With a strainer, drain off the oil from the hamburger, and onions.  Take out a 9" pie pan and grease, before spreading the hamburger, and onions evenly around the bottom.
  
     We are using a casserole dish, just don't use the top on it when you cook.  Here we are adding the cheese, and go to the cabinet to see what we want to add to that.  
 
     These are just some of the additives for cooking.  The basic spices to get you started.  Then as you go along, you can add to it.  The one called lemon pepper is a great way to fix chicken or fish.  Be careful, because to much can really kill a dish.  For instance Sage, or Curry are the ones people use to much of.  To me, just a little is all you need of those .  With this dish just a little fresh garlic, might be added, it is a Cheeseburger flavored dish. 
     Now, add the Bisquick mixture we made earlier, and pop it into the oven for 20 to 25 min.s at 400 degrees.  
     And, this is what it looks like when it comes out.  You will wish you had learned how make this before now.  I am also sure this will not be the last time you make it.  It is a kid friendly dish, that moms will not mind making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment