Monday, September 26, 2011

The Ultimate Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies



     This morning with sleep still in my eyes, getting a cup of coffee, I see this.  Two bowls sitting on the stove, one with 2 sticks of butter.  My only question was are we making a cake?  The reply was no, Cookies.  As I took my coffee back to my room, the song "O Happy Day" came to mind.  I'm a 54 year old kid, when it comes to cookies.  We have started to realize that home made is cheaper to make, and you know what you are putting in it.  If you have been following my blogs then you have read "The Box".  I assure you, this recipe is going into "The Box".  Now all the recipes in my Mother's box have been added not just from her mother.  Some from the Campbell's soup can, and others like this one, from the butter.
  
     On the back of this box top is chocolate gold.  And I'm going to share it with you.  I am not a paid spokes person, nor have they paid for my blog.  Some of the plug's I have put in my blog, are just because I use their products.  With that said, here are some other things you will need for these cookies.
 
     After all this produce placement lets get down to making cookies.  As you saw from when I got coffee 2 sticks of butter.  If you set it out for awhile it gets softer, and is easier you work with. 
 

     In this bowl we have 2-1/4 cups flour,1/2 cup cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp. baking soda.  Set this to one side.  With the bowl with the butter in it, we are going to use the mixer.  When the butter is mixed smooth, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract , 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1 large egg.  OK, slowly pour in our flour and cocoa powder, mixing it well.  By pouring slowly you prevent clumps.
 
      Great we need to chop up our walnuts.  For this part we are going to use a wooden spoon to mix, 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips, 6 oz. white chocolate chips, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, and nuts into or flour mixture.  The recipe calls for pecans, but once again I'm using walnuts.  I love pecans, but once again I don't have any. 

     That was not that bad, was it.  Now for the second best part of this.  Smelling up the house.  The recipe calls for you not to grease a cookie sheet, but we are going to spray ours with vegetable oil.  Cookies always stick, so it will not hurt, and only help.  Also the recipe called for dropping 1/4 cup size balls, 3 inches apart.  We are using a tablespoon, they made 18 cookies, we made 4 dozen. 

      Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

     Baking time is 11 min.s or until edges just begin to set.  Do not over bake, cookies will firm as they cool.  Cool for 2 min.s on a wire rack,  then remove from cookie sheet and let cool completely. 

     Approach with caution, these cookies are very addictive.  Before making this recipe, be sure to have plenty of milk.  Well now that I am every ones best friend for sharing the Ultimate Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe.  I have some request;  (1.) Read my other blogs  (2.) Pass my blogs to your friends  (3.)  Start a "The Box"  for yourself.
      Once again my blog has made me hungry, and I bought a full gallon of milk today. 




 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment