Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Secret of the South

Duke's Mayonnaise
This must be the secret of the South

           I told a friend I needed to put my recipe for Pimento Cheese on my Blog. 
She asked; "What is to it?  Just mayonnaise and cheese? 
I said; Not just mayo, but Duke's Mayonnaise. 
She asked if she could get it in Texas?
That is when I told her about living in California when I was young, we had to have it and corn meal mailed to us.  

         So today I looked for Duke's on the "Net".  If you have been following my Blogs then you have read some good recipes.  Also "The Box" blog about mom's recipe box.  Now, you know a good recipe when they put their name to it.  Or some fancy name like, "Ronda Rich and Aunt Ozelle's Glorious Macaroni and Cheese".  Well I'm glad to tell you that Duke's Mayo has expanded its delivery area.
 
         Yes, Dukes is now in Texas, and can be bought on the inter-net.  How the world has changed in 50 years.  Now there no excuse for bad potato-salad.  You will be putting your name to dishes like:
"the Amazing Glaze Grilled Salmon Salad" or "Gran ma Sugar pie's Salad Dressing".
          If you don't have a "The Box".  Now is a good time to start one, because here are some good ideas to put in it.  Pimento Cheese is not just cheese and mayo.  Try "the Glass Onion Restaurant's Pimento Cheese", or "Boathouse Pimento Cheese", or even "Sarah O'Kelley's", and "Tricia's".  I haven't even mentioned mine.  I guess after reading today's blog, yall a be say-in mader, on-yon, grips, and pass the taters.  But one thing is for sure, you will never have the bowl at Thanksgiving dinner no-one liked.
  Duke's Mayonnaise 
         I hope they don't get mad that I stole their picture, but I am bragging on them.  Now to get recipes for;
 "Not Yo Mama's Deviled Eggs"
"Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits"
"Brenda's Tomato Pie"
"Baked Vidalia Onion Chicken"
"Shrimp Burgers with Spicy Mayonnaise"
"Duke's Hot Jalapeno Bacon-Spinach Dip"
or
"Secret Ingredient Cinnamon Sugar Cookies"

          I guess you are just going to have to go the their web site too.  You will start putting your name on your dishes too.  Now tell all your friends about Charles Kenneth's Corner, and the web site for Duke's is up to you.
http://dukesmayo.com/stories.asp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment